Cynthia Pietrucha, a Chicagoland native, is an experienced Chicago Severance Lawyer and has been successful negotiating severance agreements for all levels of employees and focuses her practice on helping employees to a fair and just workplace. She advises employees in a variety of matters including severance agreements and separation agreement negotiations, employment discrimination, disability claims, unpaid wages, excessive work hours, violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), entertainment contracts and retaliatory termination.
Cynthia can assist you with the review and negotiation of your severance agreement or separation package. It is important to have an experienced attorney review your agreement from your former employer to determine whether you are possibly entitled to additional benefits or to determine whether you may have a potential claim against the company. You should have all agreements or contracts reviewed before signing them. Cynthia can also help negotiate offer letters, entrance packages and all other agreements that you may be offered by a potential or fromer employer. Please contact Cynthia if you are in need of a Chicago Severance Lawyer.
Cynthia is a pro bono partner with the Illinois State Bar Association and has received awards for her outstanding contributions from the DuPage County Bar Foundation and the Black Women Lawyers Association of Greater Chicago. In her free time, she serves as a judge at law school student national negotiation competitions and a speaker on legal topics.
- Northern Illinois University, J.D., 2009, with honors
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A. & B.S., 2006
- Law Offices of Joel Weisman, P.C.
- Zeke Giorgi Legal Clinic
- Westlaw Legal Research
- American Medical Association
- State of Illinois
- Admitted to practice in Illinois
- Member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, Illinois State Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the DuPage Association of Women Lawyers
- Financial Advisory Committee for Downers Grove Grade School District 58