How Severance Lawyers’ Initial Consultation Works
Severance Lawyers offers free initial phone consultation for severance agreements. All consultations are confidential and focus on you, our client. For a flat rate of $600, we review your documents, gather information about your situation, meet with you to discuss your severance package, and provide you with all of our changes in writing.
What is a Severance Package?
A severance package is a legally binding contract between your company and you about your termination. It discloses why the termination occurred and any benefits you will receive upon the ending of your employment. Severance documents typically focus on the needs of the business more than the best interest of you, the employee.
A package can include items related to your salary, medical benefits, non-compete disclosures, lawsuits, and more. Our severance attorneys are here to help you understand your severance agreement, ensure the protection of your employee rights, and gain all the appropriate benefits from your departure.
What to Expect
For a phone consultation about your employee severance agreement, we ask that you complete our form online or call us at (800) 399-5851.
The more information you provide us up front, the quicker we can answer your questions and know your situation to see if our legal services are a good fit for your needs.
- When you reach out to us, you can expect a severance attorney to contact you within 24 hours.
- Our lawyer reviews your severance agreement and asks you questions to get the overall picture of your termination.
- You are allowed to ask us questions during the initial call. We may not answer all of your questions during this time, but we will try to give as much information as you need to get started.
- The attorney shares suggestions for your next steps to negotiate your agreement.
- Upon reviewing your documents and our first conversation, you can request that you go through the remainder of the process and pay a flat fee for your severance agreement legal negotiation with us.
How it Works
Once you decide that you would like to move forward with one of our severance attorneys, we will begin diving deeper into your package and benefits. You will have a lengthier conversation describing the exact information in your employee severance agreement and what you might want to add to the document.
After you and the attorney make all the suggestions and changes, you are ready to go back to your Human Resource department for negotiations. You can do negotiations yourself, or you can opt for our assistance to stand in on your behalf.
You and your company agree upon the final negotiations and sign the agreement. This will complete your severance process.
How to Get Started
To get started with your initial consultation, submit a request to our office online or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your personal information, severance agreement, non-compete clause (if you have one), and any additional information needed for your termination in the request. We will call you after receiving your information.
Fill out our form today, and start your severance package review.