Expert Severance Agreement Review and Negotiation Services
At Severance Lawyers, we understand that navigating the intricacies of a severance agreement can be overwhelming and stressful. That's why we offer professional and expert services to review and negotiate your severance agreement on your behalf, ensuring that you receive the best possible terms and benefits.
We believe in transparent and straightforward pricing, so you know exactly what to expect from the outset. Our pricing structure is designed to be fair, affordable, and value-driven.
Severance Agreement Review: $600
Our process begins with a comprehensive review of your severance agreement. For a flat-rate fee of $600, our experienced team of attorneys will meticulously analyze every detail of the document to identify potential pitfalls, hidden clauses, and opportunities for improvement.
The review process typically takes around an hour. During this time, we encourage you to join us via phone, Zoom, or even in person, where we can discuss the intricacies of your agreement and address any questions or concerns you may have. Furthermore, you can rest easy knowing that there are no additional fees for this review service.
After our analysis is complete, we will promptly send you an email containing our written comments and suggested changes. These insights will empower you with a clear understanding of your severance agreement, ensuring you are well-informed and in control of your next steps.
Severance Negotiation Service: $3,000 (+25% of Increased Severance Amount)
Should you wish to take your severance agreement to the next level, our dedicated team is here to help you negotiate the best possible terms. With our expert negotiators by your side, you won't need to worry about speaking with your former employer or navigating complex discussions.
Our flat-rate fee for the severance negotiation service is $3,000. However, you can deduct the $600 already paid for the initial review, making it even more cost-effective for you.
Here's how it works:
- Flat-rate Fee: $3,000 (minus $600 already paid) for our comprehensive negotiation service.
- Performance-Based Incentive: We believe in aligning our success with yours. We charge an additional 25% of any amount we successfully increase your severance package. Rest assured, the initial amount offered to you as severance remains entirely yours. We only receive a percentage of what we manage to improve on your behalf.
With this pricing structure, our focus is on securing the most favorable outcome for you. Our goal is not only to optimize your severance package but also to alleviate the stress associated with these negotiations, allowing you to focus on your future with confidence.
Why Choose Us
- Expertise: Our team of seasoned attorneys specializes in employment law and has extensive experience in severance agreement review and negotiation.
- Client-Centric Approach: We prioritize your needs and objectives, tailoring our services to ensure they align perfectly with your unique situation.
- Maximizing Value: Our negotiation strategies aim to maximize the value of your severance package, putting you in the best possible position.
- Confidentiality: Your privacy and confidentiality are paramount to us. We handle all communications with the utmost discretion.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: We are committed to your satisfaction. If you are not pleased with our services, please let us know, and we will work to address your concerns.
At Severance Lawyers, we are dedicated to empowering employees like you during critical transitions. Let us guide you through the process of reviewing and negotiating your severance agreement, ensuring a brighter and more secure future. Contact us today to get started.
This law firm helped me achieve the results that I needed. Would recommend Paul to anyone that feels as though they have been wronged and need legal guidance and assistance.- Al W.
My experience with Severance Lawyers was excellent. They gave my case all the time and attention that was needed to be successful. They were a calming and confident presence during a difficult and uncertain time for me. Their guidance was outstanding at all times, prompt, professional, timely and open for calls and quick updates. They invested the time to work through all of my questions and issues. I can’t thank them enough and would hire them again.- Wendy G.
Tom and his staff understand the law very well. They are quick to return calls, take the initiative, and explain things in a way I can understand. From start to finish Tom was there to help me out every step of the way with our case. I am glad to have Tom and his team on my side. I simply cannot thank them enough!- Michelle M.
I found myself in a challenging & stressful situation that required legal representation and their attorney Paul Castronovo handled it beyond my expectations. Paul is incredibly experienced/knowledgeable and I just felt like I was in good hands the entire time. Paul has a calming demeanor too–which is helpful in these stressful situations. Paul helped turn my lemons into lemonade.- Tucker W.
Tom McKinney’s prompt attention, articulate and comprehensive advice addressed my Employment Agreement related issue. His confidence shined through instilling the confidence in me and peace of mind having him by my side. If you’re dealing with the proverbial ‘blood sucking’ company, look no further than Tom’s voice of reason.- Sweta M.
Going to Tom and his team for my case was the best decision I made. He was professional and knowledgeable in employment law. He helped me reach a resolution and I could not recommend him enough for anyone else out there.- Austin S.
Tom McKinney is one of the best attorneys that I know…whether to negotiate on your behalf or reviewing your agreement to make sure you are getting maximum value for your compensation. From stock options to deferred compensation. I have referred him to friends in NJ and NY.- Sean C.
I had Tom review my severance agreement. He provided a lot of valuable insight. I was able to go back to my employer with various points and double my package. Tom was prudent in having me use his services (told me to go back to my employer before fully engaging him) and I did not overpay when not needed. Other lawyers could have easily taken advantage of my situation and over-lawyered the situation.- Joe K.
How long do I have to sign the severance documents?
When companies terminate employees and provide a severance package, the goal of the severance is to benefit both the company and the employee. Therefore, the employee has time to review the agreement. Review timelines depend on employee age and the number of people terminated simultaneously.
- Employees under the age of 40 – No set time frame, but it must be reasonable and ample enough to review and understand the components.
- Employees over the age of 40 – 21 days to review and sign and 7 days to reconsider and revoke your signature.
- Multiple terminations at once – 45 days to review and sign and 7 days to reconsider and revoke your signature.
How is severance pay calculated?
Several factors go into severance pay amounts. Employees in higher management positions may receive additional benefits like longer pay terms, office equipment, or medical benefits.
Typical payouts can last up to 26 weeks and go by the following calculations:
- Hourly Employees: Number of years with company X 1 week of regular pay = Severance Pay $ Total
- Salaried Employees: Number of years with company X 2 weeks of regular pay = Severance Pay $ Total
Am I entitled to severance pay?
No, most companies provide a severance agreement when they lay off or fire an employee. Offering a severance package is entirely optional for the company. Most companies only do it to protect themselves from future lawsuits, the employee going to a competitor company, or adverse claims from the employee. The company takes multiple factors into account when preparing the packages.